ABSTRACT & GUIDELINES 2022
1.) All abstracts should reach The Secretary, Association of Vitreo Retina Specialists of Sri Lanka, National Eye Hospital, Colombo 10.
2.) Abstract content
• Abstract Content (excluding title, authors, highest degrees and institutions) should include the following headings: PURPOSE, METHODS, RESULTS and CONCLUSIONS. The abstract must not exceed 250 words. Do not include graphs, tables, images and references in the abstract.
• All abstracts must be printed on A4 sized papers with margins set at 30 mm all round or use the form provided. The font should be Times New Roman and font size 12. Begin the text of the abstract without indentation using double spacing. Three copies should be submitted (the original and two copies without the names of authors or the name of the institution).
3.) Type of presentation
• ORAL PRESENTATIONS: Each paper will be allowed only 5 minutes for presentation. Multimedia facilities will be made available.
• POSTER PRESENTATIONS: The size of the poster should be approximately 1m (width) X 1.5m (height). Screens (portrait) will be provided to put up posters. Posters should be made on material which can be mounted easily. It is sole responsibility of the author/s to mount and removing their posters at the location provided on time and Colombo Retina Meeting 2021 conference committee will not liable for any damages or losses.
4.) Authors – FIRST (PRESENTING) AUTHOR – The first author will be the presenting author. The First (Presenting) author is expected to register and pay the full registration fee, attend the meeting and make the presentation.
5.) Please provide an accurate email address of the first (Presenting) author. Abstract submission results and abstract-related correspondence will be sent by email to the first author.
• It is the author’s responsibility to submit an abstract with correct spelling and grammar. The Selection Committee, however, reserves the right to edit the abstract if it has significant spelling and grammatical mistakes.
• The accuracy of the submitted abstract is the responsibility of the authors. Every effort will be made to publish the abstract exactly as submitted. Authors should prepare and proofread their abstracts carefully prior to submission. Errors made on your submitted abstracts are likely to appear in print.
6.) Successfully submitted abstracts will be acknowledged with an electronic receipt including an abstract reference number, which should be quoted in all future correspondence.
7.) Submitted abstracts would be peer-reviewed by the Selection Committee. The review process is confidential and the decision is final.
8.) Best free paper presentation, free paper runners up and best poster presentation will be awarded certificates and substantial cash awards
9.) Late submission will NOT be considered.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION – CLOSED
As this is the 10th Anniversary of the Association of Vitreo Retina Specialists of Sri Lanka and we are planning to have a surgical video competition and a photography competition / ophthalmology related and not related (nature, wildlife etc.…..). Winners will be awarded with cash rewards and certificates.